Simulation Software Engineer
- Job Description
- As a Simulation Software Engineer in our company, you will be challenged with the development and integration of our simulation software with the rest of the company's software stack. You will also support other teams in the use of the simulator for testing, data generation and controller development for our autonomous robotics systems, which is essential for their production.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Modeling of robotics systems and the associated physical processes, specifically focusing on hydraulics and earth-moving in heavy machinery operations.
- Design, development and maintenance of the simulator and its plugins.
- Analysing real machine behaviour and using the data for data-driven validation of the simulator and configuration for specific machines.
- Collaborating with other teams on simulator integration, and on automated and manual tests for the robotics systems, including maintaining configuration and launch files.
- Close collaboration with other simulation engineers to ensure smooth continuous improvement of the simulation software.
- Minimum Qualifications/Requirements
- - Bachelor's, Master's degree or higher in Robotics, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other technical fields.
- 2+ Years of experience as a Software Engineer in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with C++ and Python, experience of work in a large codebase.
- Strong understanding of software versioning and working knowledge of Git.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to work in dynamic environments.
- Proficiency in English.
- Preferred Qualifications/Requirements
- - Experience of working in the robotics industry.
- Working knowledge of Gazebo, Unity or other software used for robotics simulations.
- Experience working in a remote Linux environment.
- Good understanding of containerization and experience using Docker.
- Knowledge of build systems and ability to set up and use CMake.
- Experience of development in Julia and Matlab.
- Knowledge of computational mathematics, solvers, linear algebra, etc.
- Experience with CAD or meshing tools.
- Familiarity with Agile and the Scrum methodology.
- Proficiency in the Japanese language.
- Ideal candidate profile
- - An flexible learner who excels in managing and prioritizing tasks, adapting to dynamic environments, and swiftly learning new technologies and skills.
- A critical thinker who can identify problems, develop efficient solutions, and understand the implications of changes in complex systems.
- A resilient performer who maintains the output quality and showing tenacity despite challenges in high-pressure situations.
- A proactive innovator who takes the initiative to identify business needs, suggesting improvements, and experimenting with creative solutions.
- A committed team player who demonstrates strong ownership of tasks, commitment to team decisions even when in disagreement, and fosters a transparent, positive work environment.
- Language skills (Reading/Writing/Speaking)
- Proficient in English
Japanese is preferred.
- Contract type
- Full-time employee (3 months of probationary period)
- Work hours
- Flextime (Core time 11:00 - 15:00)
Standard hours 9:00 - 18:00
- Two days off per week
Year-end and New Year holidays
Annual paid leave
National holiday make-up leave
Nursing care leave
Congratulation and condolence leave
- 6 million yen ~ 12 million yen
Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Complete health and social insurance
Commuting fee support
Rental Laptop and Smartphone
- Please submit your resume in English.
Complete the form and click "Review Your Application" button